Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thoughts on this New Year.

Hey Everybody! It's kind of been a while. I just haven't been feeling very inspired lately and haven't had anything to write about. But then it hit me!

Well it's New Years sweet. So what it this year going to look like? I've just been thinking and praying about it a lot.

Just reflecting on the past year and just looking at myself as a person and how much I've changed, it's incredible and I have seen that it had all been for the better. Who I was a year ago is no were near who I am today. Just seeing how God used me and how He has changed me. Trust me it was probably the hardest thing going through those changes. I'm so thankful that God never gives up on us. Can I get an amen? I just wanted to highlight some pretty cool things that happened in my 2012..

  1. I got my license (whooop!)
  2. I got my very first job at American Eagle.
  3. I went on my first missions trip to Mexico
  4. I got high honor roll a couple times (it's kind of a big deal for me)
  5. Relationships. I learned a lot. haha
  6. I said goodbye to depression and sadness. (I've been free for 6 months now)
  7. I've realized it's okay to be a dork and who cares what people think.
  8. I've realized I am truly beautiful (woah that took a while)
  9. My family became my best friend. And I couldn't ask for better people.
  10. I survived.
The list goes on and on literally I have so much listed in my journal. To sum it all up.. GOD IS GOOD.

Alright onto 2013...
My thoughts on this wonderful New Year ahead of us. Oh boy, I really do have high hopes for this year. So much to look forward to. I love the feeling of a fresh start. I believe with everything in me that God has such BIG plans for me. Something that I realized is that with out God nothing is possible. Everyone wants a good year. But what is your definition of a "good" year? What do you want to accomplish? Don't do resolutions oh please don't haha those are stupid and never last. Make a list and on this night in 2014, read it and see what you've done. Kind of like a bucket list for 2013. Just an idea! Okay back to God haha I was in church on Sunday and oh boy was it good! A quote stuck out to me.. Apart from Jesus, church is nothing but a good habit, mission trips are nothing but humanitarian aid, and apart from Jesus we are nothing. Live your year off of that. We are NOTHING without Him. You can have an amazing boyfriend/girlfriend and be all happy with them, but that one thing should not be the base of your happiness. That is SO dangerous. Base your happiness off of something that will last forever and is eternal and you know you are secure in the Lord. Without God your year will suck, guaranteed. Instead of searching for things of the world, like boys, girls, good grades, money, success, love, happiness, shoes, clothes, etc.. Yeah those things are great, but just put God in front of all of them and your set. He will open doors and lead you to things you actually need and then you will truly be successful.

My 2013 will consist of..
  • Embracing God:
My goal is to know Him deeper. I pray for a desire to know Him more. I want to be so lost in God that people see something different about me the second they look at me.
  • Leading someone to the Lord:
This has just been a burning desire inside me. I want to have a heart to heart with someone about God and I want to be able to answer those hard questions about God. It's scary but I want to do it. Even if it's someone who is struggling with God and knows Him, but is lost and gave up.
(if your that person, I'm your girl.)
  • Live Passionately:
Last year I was in such a dark place and wanted to die and was just lost. This year I want to live life appreciative and embracing the little tiny things. I want to stop often and just smile and embrace my favorite moments. Life is so precious.
  • Pursue my dreams:
I have all these dreams, I want to start walking them out.
  • Lastly, Be a world changer:
I want to be different. I want to stand out. I'm not of this world, who cares what people think! I want people to know God, really know Him and see the way He can change their life, like He changed mine. I want to share my testimony with as many people as possible.
 
I have high hopes and dreams for this year. It WILL be a great one.

With God ALL things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment