Saturday, July 21, 2012

I Have Hope

Tonight I have kind of a heavy sad heart. Normally I would be sitting in my room thinking bad thoughts and being depressed, but tonight I have something, I have this hope that God reminded me of. A couple months ago my friend Chase, my sister Lexi, and myself were talking out in the front patio, and Chase showed me this verse that made me get a new perspective on my life and it opened my eyes. God was speaking through him that night literally it was exactly what I needed to hear, God was so real to me. But just now I'm realizing that I forgot about that night and tonight I am reminded of it right when I needed to hear it.

The verse he gave to me was Isaiah 40:27

31Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.

This verse is a constant reminder of God's love for me. It blows me away. I can't thank God enough for speaking through Chase that night and also for Chase being obedient to God. I can honestly say now looking back that night changed my life. It showed me that I have hope. A hope that will last forever. God doesn't give up on you even when it seems like everyone else has.

What we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will reveal to us later.
Romans 8:18

No comments:

Post a Comment