Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'm so excited about what God is doing in my life and I just have to get it down on paper and share it. God has never been so real to me before and it's literally something so immensely beautiful there is no words to describe how i feel. It's one of those feelings!

This whole opening my eyes moment started at LWCC summer camp a few weeks ago. Ever since then my life has kind of flipped upside down, but in the best way possible. I desperately needed it. The first night I was there was probably the best for me. I have had a struggle with depression for about 2 years and this night was a very freeing night. Right when praise and worship started I could feel God in the room, I could feel His presence and I broke down in tears. My dear friend Sonya came to pray for me and I just cried out to God and i felt this sense of comfort like I have never felt before, it was like a reassurance that God was right next to me, God was saying, "every thing's going to be okay". Then Brother Chris (the pastor who was speaking for the week) did an altar call for kids who were dealing with depression he told us to stand up. I stood up and my eyes were amazed and my heart broke for all the kids who stood up with me. It was kind of a comforting feeling that I wasn't alone with these thoughts and feelings. There were so many kids that we had to line up around the chapel and wait to be prayed for. While I was waiting I was praying just broken down before God then this sweet sweet girl Kylie came up to me and prayed over me. I have never even talked to this little girl before and at this point I kind of just lost it. That moment was one of the most special I was so deeply touched by that girl. Then when it was finally my turn to be prayed over by Brother Chris and when I got up there the fire of God came on me. No words can describe this. I fell to the floor and he pointed to me and said "you will get up a new person, you will never be the same". And oh boy was he right. Ever since that moment my life has been different. The next day at camp I was filled with this joy inside of me not only on the outside, but on the inside. I was truly HAPPY. This joy came from the Lord I know for a fact it did because I have never felt anything like it. It was like super natural joy! That same night I saw with my own eyes over 100 miracles. Did you get that? OVER 100 MIRACLES. Yeah I here about this stuff on T.V. and about all these church services where miracles happen, but I was there and saw it. I really don't think anything in my life will top that. That service was over 5 hours long, it felt like an hour.

That was only the first night. How could it get any better? Haha oh it most definitely did. It started with praise and worship then he tried to get into some preaching.. God definitely had a different route to take that night. Most of the people there became drunk in the Holy Spirit, I had never seen that before! What an experience haha. I kind of just sat there and honestly was a little upset with God. I wanted to be filled with God like that SO bad. Then after talking to a friend Zach Penn he gave me some good advice that I needed to hear, he said I had to be open to God with my heart and mind totally open to God and He will touch you when He wants to. I took his advice and just sat there kind of just took it all in and that's when it hit me. I started shaking uncontrollably it was the weirdest feeling, all of this happening while everyone else was drunk in the Holy Spirit. Then I realized God was in me, it gets better.. Brother Chris did another altar call the first one was for people who were called for leadership and being leaders and pastors. I didn't feel led to go up there. But then He did a second one for missions.. but not only missions, missions over seas. He was very specific about the over seas part. I was sitting there still shaking and my legs kind of went up there for me I knew with everything in me that I was supposed to go up there. I realized that God was in me I was filled by Holy Spirit. Just like Zach said.. I had to be open with my heart and mind. Brother Chris was right the night before, I got up a different person. Now I know what I going to do with my life. Here I am at age 16, and I know what I am supposed to do with my life without a shadow of doubt. It still blows my mind and I am SO over the moon excited to see what God is going to do in my life... and that was only the second night. Another 5 hours of being in God's presence. Felt like an hour.

I could write about my other nights at camp, but I would have to write a book. I can honestly say this camp experience has changed my life. How can that be possible you may ask? I can't explain it. No words can. I feel like God has taken my sad, broken, depressing life and is making something beautiful out of it. I learned that my story will change lives one day. I learned that the only reason why we are here on earth is for God and to save His people. It's selfish of us to keep this AMAZING INDESCRIBABLE love inside of us and let everyone else die. I learned to be strong in my weakness because God can take my weakness and make it my strength, but it's only through Him. I hope this little nutshell of a description of what God is doing in my life can be somewhat of an inspiration to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment