Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fear.

So I was in church this morning and it was one of those sermons where i felt like it was written just for me. The topic was fear and there were some great points made.

Do you ever notice how fear comes in times of physical, emotional, and spiritual tiredness? Because that is when you are at your lowest and weakest, it's the easiest for the devil to destroy at that time. It's harder to call on God at that time. But Jesus usually waits to be asked to intervene. He waits for you to ask for help. We're usually so selfish to think that God can't help us with our problems and we try to handle them on our own. We kind of tend to even push God away even and avoid Him. When we are dealing with tough stuff and you are scared to face the problem, is the first thing that pops in your head is to ask for God's help? If not, you might want to rethink your strategy.
 Practical steps to conquering fear:
  • ADMIT fear to God
  • CALL to God for His power
  • RELEASE fear to Him
  • ASK God to increase your faith
These things are easier said then done, I'm sure we all know this. And I've been thinking, when we are supposed to give thanks to God in all circumstances, like that can be SO hard, and I know that sounds kind of bad because He's given me so much well He's given me everything, but what happens when we go through something tough like we're just supposed to praise God for being in that situation? Yeah.. we are. It's not an easy thing to do. But just because it's not an easy thing to do doesn't mean that we're just excused from doing it, it's something that I've really been working on.


So where I'm getting at is praise God in ALL circumstances, not just when everything is all good and happy in life. Even in the hardest times, praise God. And also call out to God when you are in fear, don't try to fix things yourself, trust me if you do it that way, it can only make it worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment