Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Reality of God.

Praise my heavenly Father who art thou in heaven and the heavens up above that it is a new week! haha I'm sorry, but I am just SO happy it's a new week and I get to start over. I have a feeling this is going to be a longer blog just so you know, I have a lot to say (: anyways I have just been TOO busy lately, like I LOVE being busy I love it. but not having time to spend time with God is a HUGE problem for me. Well today after church and before work I got to have a nice little chat with God at caribou. It was SO stinkin beauitful out today! I got my little iced oolong chai tea latte and I sat outside and got to continue reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. Okay seriously not only one of the greatest books you can ever read it IS the greatest book you can ever read hah. So I started reading it and journaling things that were on my mind. It was so funny I got a little excited about what Francis was saying in the book, I just couldn't even handle it the things he points out about God are MIND BLOWING. I got a little excited and kinda did a little scream to myself with a huge smile haha I got one funny look from a girl sitting at the table next to me (: it was great! So just a couple things that got me screaming was this..

I labled it "The Reality of God" in my journal.

God cannot be explained by our vocabulary or grasped by our understanding.
Did you hear what I just said? GOD CANNOT BE GRASPED BY OUR UNDERSTANDING.

Another thing that stuck out to me BIG time:
There is nothing normal about today. On an average day we get so caught up in ourselves. We don't consider God very much. We forget our life is a vapor. Just think about everything that must function right in order for you to live. Like our kidneys, the only people who think about their kidneys are the people whose kidneys don't work correctly. The majority of us take for granted all our internal organs that we need in order to live. WOAH.

One more thing:
When I am consumed by my problems- stressed out about my life, my friends, my job... I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important than God's command to always rejoice. In other words I have a "right" to disobey God because of the magnitude of my responsibilities.

There is SO much more I could quote from this book and I probably will in the future, but PLEASE just read it yourself. Ah the reality of God is seriously like I can't even think about it for too long I will get a headache.. in the good way haha!

But anyways that was a really nice time with just me and God today. I was SO happy ah man He is SO good to me. I am SO precious to Him and he loves me more than anyone ever could, that litteraly bring me to tears, I am crying right now. But for the first time in a while.. happy tears! It's so wonderful to know that you are loved by the creator of the universe and He cares about the SMALLEST little thing in your life. He's got it covered, I don't need a boyfriend, I don't need friends, I don't need new clothes all the time, I don't need to be accepted by everyone. All I need is God! Ah I am just filled with thoughts tonight! Wowzers okay I am going to stop while I'm ahead! GOD IS SO GOOD.

oooookay just kidding one more little thing.. haha My little sister Sidney, is one of my most favorite people in this whole  wide world. I love that little stinker and all the good times we get to spend together, I am SO happy that we have gotten closer. I really really enjoy all the car rides we have on the way to school and our little jam sessions. I love her style and we kind of have the same passion for clotheing which is really cool. I just love her so much and I don't say that enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment