Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fresh start?

Alright so today was my first day of my Junior year. I can't even believe it. God has already showed me SOOOO many things today it's insane. I was just laying in bed finishing up my bible reading and BOOM it hit me. I have to blog about it haha! Okay so here it goes. Today started off as a good day I was so excited for a fresh start and to get things going. I get to drive to school now! It's pretty exciting for me. So me and Sid were in the car on our way to school jammin' out to our praise and worship haha then we get to school and I walk in the door with all smiles and the second I walk in, I could feel the devil trying to attack me. Literly. I tried so hard to keep that smile on my face, he gave me SO many reasons not to smile, but I didn't listen to him.. well I tried not to. So the first couple of my classes were good I got through them with a smile, then chapel came around and here is where
God comes in. It's like Mr. Winn was speaking DIRECTLY me, God was in Him and it's like that chapel was made just for me! He was talking about along the lines of.. if things aren't going the way they're supposed to right now or you're really mad about something or your confused why bad things happen to good people. He said God is working on you, He has a plan for you. Something good will come out of this! There was so much more he said but I don't want this to look too long so you won't read it haha! Anyways so that was chapel. Then lunch came around and this was the damper on the day. I had no one to sit with, I felt like that girl in the movies who has no one to sit with at lunch so she sits alone and looks like a loser, no joke that's how I was feeling. Wanna know a secret? I cried a little bit. I'm only telling you this because God brought me through it! So I get down to lunch and warm up my things and then a girl came up to me who turns out is feeling the exact same way I am feeling. How good is God again? Just sayin. I had a really good lunch today (: okay THEN the rest of the day I kept a smile on my face and God taught me something. Okay right now i'm kind of at a lack of friends. At first I was really sad about this, then I realized something. It's not about how many friends you have. Through this I have learned to be an independent person, that doesn't mean someone who doesn't talk to anyone or is so closed off from the world. It means that I know how to survive without friends or that one best friend. I have grown so much going through all this! It's so cool how God works.  I love people and they bless me deeply! All in all this will be a very different year for me filled with lots of growth, getting used to, change, God, and smiles. Okay one more thing, God showed me this verse tonight and I want to share it. It fits perfectly (:

 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
-Matthew 11:28-30

I know God made me jump out of bed and write this blog for a reason. I hope it will bless someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment